Wednesday 11 February 2009

dérive

My initial idea of dériving is to explore the environment without preconceptions of where to go or a reason behind why you are going there. I don't think i have ever dérived without a purpose for going to a certain place at a certain time. I like this idea of "going with the flow" and allowing yourself to drift. What fascinates me most is the idea of what you will encounter when dériving and if you will encounter anything which is unusual to your familiar routine strolls. I also like the concept of ambiance, and how ambiance can change suddenly in different environments and even in different times of the day or night......

1 comment:

  1. i agree, dont you hink ambience in the sense of your qown private space. for example i feel co mpletely shut of from the world, when i wander around the ciyty listnning to my ipod. tuned into whateve genre of music that fills my ears i simultaneous tune out of the city, and its people and passage seem like a film. as one track flips randomly to the next it teleports you from one ambience into another and a mother with a baby cast in the light by one song as a beautiful relation the next track comes onn the baby starts to cry and all though you cannot hear the child's noise an entirely different aspect is presented to you.

    ReplyDelete