Tuesday 24 February 2009

Simon Starling - cos I love the little fella

Photobucket
Bugger if I know what this piece was called - it had a REALLY long word for a name but I can't find it anywhere online, and I can't find the exhibition note from the gutted out Glaswegian bath house where I saw it exhibited as documentation.

It goes like this - Simon Starling drags up this boat from the bottom of a loch (at least I think he drags it up - it could well be that he acquired it in a less remarkable way). Then he sets out into the loch, fuelling the boat's steam motor with pieces of wood cut from the boat's own hull. Of course, eventually there isn't enough of the boat left and it disappears into the murky depths of the loch.

I love it. I think I love anything to do with water. I'm starting to have ideas about the river for this module. May have to get my brother to bring the canoe up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment